The latest news about Disney’s decision to remove its popular “Star Wars” characters from the Walt Disney World Resort has come in the form of a lawsuit filed by a former employee.
In the lawsuit, filed Tuesday in California’s Southern District of California, a former Disney employee alleged that the company retaliated against him for sharing information about the Disney Infinity game, which was released last month.
The lawsuit was filed by former employee David Zalewski and alleges that he was fired after he shared information about Disney Infinity with a Disney employee on Facebook and the company allegedly retaliated by removing him from the company’s Human Resources department.
The complaint also alleges that the lawsuit alleges Disney retaliated in another way, in that it told Zalwicz and his co-workers that they would not be offered a position at the company if they did not sign an agreement promising not to discuss the game with anyone but Disney.
In a statement to Entertainment Weekly, Disney denied the claims and said that Zalkowski’s allegations are “baseless.”
Zalewski’s attorney, Paul D. Glueck, said that Disney is aware of the allegations and is reviewing them.
“It is an unfortunate situation that is not the behavior that we expect from our company, but this lawsuit has nothing to do with our business,” Glueks statement said.
“We have no reason to believe that our former employee is in any way involved with the alleged retaliation.
It’s unfortunate, but not surprising, that an employee would pursue a lawsuit.”
Disney said that it was aware of Zaliewks allegations, and that it has terminated Zaliewicz as a Disney Disney Human Resources employee.
Disney has yet to comment on Zalewks claims, or its stance on the lawsuit.